Monday 25 February 2013

Against Me! - White People for Peace


This is a strange 7" for me, in that I like the b-side way more than the a-side. White People for Peace was the lead single to Against Me!'s fourth album New Wave (on white vinyl, naturally). I didn't end up buying New Wave in the end; I heard it a few times (my housemate Nicky was a huge fan) and it didn't do a great deal for me. I still love the Axl Rose and Eternal Cowboy albums, and the fifth album has its moments, but I just wasn't keen on New Wave. It probably didn't help that I wasn't blown away by the single from it.

The b-side Full Sesh, however, is a great song. I can't put my finger on what it is about it that I enjoy so much, but every time I play this single I come away with Full Sesh in my head, regardless of the order I played the songs. The verse are nicely sparse which makes the simple chorus soar even higher. Definitely worth a listen.


Format: 7"
Tracks: 2
Cost: £2 new
Bought: HMV Winchester
When: 02/07/07
Colour: White
Etching: none
mp3s: no