Friday 23 August 2013

Dub War - Gorrit


I picked up this 12" single for £2 on eBay (including postage!). It was a whim purchase and far from essential - Gorrit and the remix both appear on the albums and the other b-side is a live version of another album track, Mad Zone. I imagine I bought it because for £2 it would be rude not to, I liked getting post, and I'd missed the chance to see Dub War live, so figured it would be good to hear a live recording, which it was. Gorrit is a classic Dub War song, and the remix (with its Pulp Fiction sample - "and you will know my name...") is enjoyable.

The only mildly interesting thing about this record is that I had it with me the second time I saw Skindred. For some reason I was taking it home from university (despite my record player being at university) and we were seeing Skindred in The Nexus in Southampton the night I arrived back in town, so I left all my stuff in my friend's car. The annoying thing was that we saw Benji after the gig and I could have got it signed, had I not left it in Nick's car. I'm not sure how receptive he would have been to signing a record of his old band though. Plus, I'm kinda on the fence about signed records, swinging towards not being that much of a fan, so it's not a huge loss.

Format: 12"
Tracks: 3
Cost: £2 secod hand
Bought: eBay
When: 21/11/04
Colour: Black
Etching: none
mp3s: no