Monday 21 July 2014

The Dauntless Elite - Graft


I've been putting off writing about this record for quite a while. I distinctly remember planning to write about it back when I first started this blog but deciding not to. The problem was that I couldn't think of much to say about it. Now, that sounds much more negative than it is - Graft is a great record, I just can't think of much to say about it.

The Dauntless Elite are the sort of punk-rock band that I like; catchy songs, hooks, dual gruff vocals, huge choruses - all these things are what I want from punk. They seem like nice guys too and each time I've seen them I've been impressed. I bought this record the second time I saw them when they played with Bangers in The Fighting Cocks in Kingston (the first time had been at the excellent (and missed, by me at least) Punk 'n' Bowl all-dayer in London and year and a half beforehand). Since then it's had a fair amount of plays and enjoyment. Good stuff all round.

Format: 12", gatefold sleeve, insert
Tracks: 12
Cost: £5 new
Bought: gig
When: 17/02/12
Colour: Black
Etching: none
mp3s: no