Sunday 13 December 2015

Manic Street Preachers - Australia


We've all been conned once or twice. I'm glad that this one only cost me £35 and not my house. This record is a one-sided white-label promo of the Lion Rock remix of Australia. The sheet included with the record states that it was sent out to only 20 DJs, which is certainly a small number. A number small enough to make you think "wow, that would be a great one to add to the collection", which I did, and was why I was willing to spend £35 on a record of a song I knew I wouldn't actually like that much (not a big fan of remixes of rock songs). Still, what a great one to add to the collection, eh?

Of course, a quick search of Discogs shows a further six copies in their marketplace, which would represent (along with mine) over a third of all the copies ever made. The scepticism should be building. Mine has the title handwritten on the label which is different to the one pictured there. Either way, it's probably not one of only 20 and I probably paid well over the odds. I don't mind that I own a copy, but I do wish I hadn't paid so much; £35 would go a long way back then. As for the song, not as good as the original.

Format: 12", white label, promo insert
Tracks: 1
Cost: £35 second hand
Bought: eBay
When: 07/12/02
Colour: Black
Etching: none
mp3s: no