Friday 29 January 2021

The Enablers + Bedford Falls - Split

 

I bought this record because Hugh was gushing about how the Bedford Falls songs were two of their very best and I needed a copy. I had the two albums they’d released at the time and seen them a good handful of times, both in my Cardiff days and beyond. It was the only time I visited Ghost Town Records in Cardiff, what I assume was a fairly short-lived venture between Damaged Records and whatever Welly is doing now. It was a good haul - this 7” for £2, the first Onsind album on cd for £1 and an Underground Railroad to Candyland record for £7.50; I was very pleased with my haul. If I remember correctly, it pissed it down in the afternoon, so we had a token drink in the Christmas market and went to the cinema, mostly to keep dry. 

Anyway, Hugh was right (but don’t let him know I said that), these are two of the best Bedford Falls songs - both great, standalone songs, which is what you want from a 7” - two songs that are deserving of being on a bit of vinyl all to themselves. The Sweetest Science is particularly good. I know people love The Enablers, but I’ve never really gotten on with them. They’re fine, but don’t do much for me.

Format: 7"
Tracks: 4
Cost: £2 second hand
Bought: Ghost Town Records, Cardiff
When: 24/11/12
Colour: Black
Etching: none
mp3s: no