Sunday 6 January 2013

Shores - Little Something


I picked up this 7" when buying the new Shores LP from the Different Kitchen distro. I was drawn in by the Nirvana cover and added it to the handful of records I was ordering. The A-side, Little One, is a cover of a song by Twelve Hour Turn, who I know nothing about except that they're also on No Idea Records.

I'm no huge Nirvana fan, but they wrote some pretty decent songs, and I always enjoyed Something in the Way for how slow and stripped back it sounded. It then seems natural that Shores would cover this particular Nirvana song and the gentle build-up fits their style nicely. It's certainly a nice little record.


Format: 7"
Tracks: 2
Cost: £3.85 new
Bought: Different Kitchen distro
When: 14/11/12
Colour: Black
Etching: Side 1: "Hi John..." Side 2: "Did I get you again?"
mp3s: Download code