Thursday 18 July 2013

Crackout - This is What We Do


Another 7" from Crackout's second album, and I picked it up at the same time as the other one. Again, I knew the a-side here so this one ended up in my record collection for two very similar reasons to the last 7": a) the b-side is a cover of Beyonce's Crazy in Love and b) it was also only 50p.

When I saw the 7" in the bargain box of 7"s at the stall they used to have at Reading and read the back, I had to hear the cover. For 50p I figured it couldn't be too bad, and it had the potential to be excellent. It turned out to be on the excellent side and, again, mostly only ends up on the turntable for the b-side. Crackout's floaty, laid-back cover sounds neither very much like Crackout nor like Beyonce, which makes it all the more enjoyable.

Format: 7"
Tracks: 2
Cost: £0.50 new
Bought: Reading Festival
When: 27/08/04
Colour: Black
Etching: none
mp3s: no