Thursday 18 July 2013

Pitchshifter - Microwaved


I've written so much about Pitchshifter on here before, I'm not sure there's much left to be said. I bought this 7" at a record fair in Southampton a very long time ago for £4, which might seem a bit much for two album-tracks (albeit their best album), but my weekend job at Sainsburys' left me with a surprisingly large amount of disposable income to blow on vinyl and I was probably impressed by the red vinyl.

And, if you could pick any two Pitchshifter songs to put on a 7" and play regularly, it would have to be Microwaved and Please Sir, although dot com was so strong you'd be better off just getting the whole album on vinyl (which I eventually did, making this record a little redundant). The b-side here is a live version of Please Sir recorded in France, with JS cracking out some impressive French. Still, a nice artefact from my early record-buying days.


Format: 7"
Tracks: 2
Cost: £4 second hand
Bought: Record Fair, Southampton
When: 26/10/02
Colour: Transparent red
Etching: none
mp3s: no