Thursday 18 July 2013

Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly - I Spy


This 7" has never had an awful lot of time on my turntable. The a-side is a nice enough song but the b-side is simply a remix. I can probably count on one hand the number of indie/rock remixes that actually added anything decent to the mix. This one sounds like it's being played through a 1980's games console, and not in a fun Horse the Band way.

I think when I bought it a lot of people were talking about both Get Cape and Metronomy, so I guess I picked it up based on the hype. Evidently it didn't cause me to get into either, since I didn't end up buying a Get Cape album for years and I've never really enjoyed Metronomy. I think another part of the reason I bought it was also the complete lack of vinyl in Lancaster and my need to buy records whenever I saw them at the time.

Format: 7"
Tracks: 2
Cost: £1 new
Bought: HMV Lancaster
When: 13/03/07
Colour: Black
Etching: none
mp3s: no