Sunday 23 July 2017

One Minute Silence - I Wear My Skin


Just before OMS released their third album, they released I Wear My Skin as a single, which I eagerly bought, so that I could hear a bit more of the album ahead of its release. As a indication of what I was like back then, three days later I had my long hair dreadlocked into 30-or-so very thick mats of hair. It was the early 2000's and I was into metal; it was acceptable at the time.

I Wear My Skin was a much stronger single than We Bounce and, if I remember correctly, great fun to jump around to at their shows. The break before the final chorus and the outro are particular highlights. The b-side is a non-album track, something of a rarity around that time for the band. It starts off too messy, but comes together and has quite a huge chorus. With a bit of re-working, it could easily have been an album track (and would have actually been better than a couple that did make it on there, as far as I remember).

Format: 7"
Tracks: 2
Cost: £1 new
Bought: HMV Winchester
When: 24/06/03
Colour: Black
Etching: none
mp3s: no