Tuesday 17 October 2017

LostProphets - Burn Burn


I wrote everything I need to say about LostProphets in this post about their debut album - please refer to that. I'll get this over with quickly.

Burn Burn was the first single from their second album and I bought it when it came out, not long after starting university. It was quite different in sound to the debut - less going on and felt like whoever produced it wanted them to be a very different band to the one they were on the debut. I wonder how this song would have sounded had it been on the first album. The b-side is a demo, and sounds horrendous on flimsy 7" vinyl, but had more going for it as a song than the single, I felt. I have no idea if a non-demo version of it ever appeared.

Format: 7"
Tracks: 2
Cost: £1.80 new
Bought: HMV, Lancaster
When: 03/11/03
Colour: Black
Etching: none
mp3s: no