Friday 6 October 2017

Plan B - Live at the Pet Cemetery EP


No More Eatin' was one of the few good songs on Plan B's debut album that hadn’t been knocking around for years on EPs (so here's an EP with it on). I have very strong memories of seeing him play this song at Reading - most of my memories of seeing him play are from the first time at Roskilde, but this is one of my few memories of the other times I saw him. I also saw him at Fabric, which was the least memorable - the only stand up out moment was a friend being shocked that he was rapping about EastEnders.

As a treat (of sorts), we get two new songs, something there weren't many of around that time. The first, My Life, seems to be an attack on the criticisms he must have had about the album. It's nice to hear him angry - it works. I also wonder if it's the closest we've had so far to a song that wasn't written in the third person. Broke takes that further - seems he decided to turn that tap on for a bit. I never heard his subsequent albums, so maybe this was a sign of things to come.

Format: 7", picture sleeve
Tracks: 3
Cost: £2.70 new
Bought: HMV, Lancaster
When: 30/10/06
Colour: Black
Etching: none
mp3s: no