Tuesday 16 April 2013

Latterman - No Matter Where We Go..!


I started listening to Latterman for two reasons: 1) I'd heard the Iron Chic and RVIVR albums and thought they were great; 2) because some of the staff in Banquet Records are clearly huge Latterman fans and had attached some very strong praise to the LP sleeves in the shop.

Last January I was in Banquet looking to spend some money and noticed the Latterman LPs which I'd almost certainly seen a bunch of times before but that day decided to chance £11 on them. I didn't know which one to start with so ended up with No Matter Where We Go..! pretty much by accident. I was pleased with the results when I got the record home and on my turntable; if you like your punk poppy, heartfelt and upbeat then you're in for a treat. The dual vocals work brilliantly too. My favourites here are Yo, Get Into It, We're Done For! and My Bedroom is Like For Artists. I recommend checking out the lyric-sheet too, because Latterman sing about some ideas I can fully get behind. Nice marbled red vinyl too.

Overall, I think they remind me more of Iron Chic than RVIVR musically (although, strictly speaking, that should be Iron Chic are more reminiscent of Latterman than RVIVR are) but you can hear the connection between all three bands (naturally). Either way, I now see why they got such strong praise in Banquet.


Format: 12", insert
Tracks: 12
Cost: £11 new
Bought: Banquet Records
When: 10/01/12
Colour: Marbled red
Etching: Side A: "Someone complains about the smell" Side B: "We leave a trail of candy!"
mp3s: no