Monday 29 April 2013

The Cooper Temple Clause - Waiting Game


This is the third and final 7" I bought from The Cooper Temple Clause's third album. After the lack of excitement I got from Homo Sapiens, I'm a little surprised I bothered. This was also bought in HMV in Lancaster along with a handful of 7"s. I think I was going through a phase of buying loads of 7"s (this was back when they were cheap) and anything I thought might be ok got bought. This is Part 2, although I didn't buy Part 1. I suspect they didn't have it in stock.

The a-side is better than Homo Sapiens, but still not one of the band's best songs by a long margin. The Last Line of Defence on the b-side is the first song from this era that I actually quite like. It starts of pretty slow but builds up into an interesting song. Maybe it is worth sticking with some bands after all. Or maybe it's just that The Cooper Temple Clause don't work so well without some electronic noodling going on.


Format: 7"
Tracks: 2
Cost: £1 new
Bought: HMV Lanaster
When: 19/02/07
Colour: Black
Etching: none
mp3s: no