Monday 29 April 2013

The Cooper Temple Clause - Homo Sapiens (Part 2)


This is Part 2 to the single I just wrote about and comes in a clear plastic sleeve so that it can live in the other half of the gatefold sleeve. Both of these were £1 (which was only 90p after I got my student discount) and I picked them up in my last year of university in Lancaster. I was in town buying the then-new Deftones album Saturday Night Wrist and ended up with a handful of 7"s to go with it. I think the new Cooper Temple Clause album hadn't come out by this point, and I figured it was worth giving the new single a go.

Why on earth they put the exact same version of the a-side on both parts of the 7" I don't know. The b-side Pins and Needles is pretty similar to the b-side of Part 1 in that it's slow, acoustic and not particularly exciting.

My friend Matt ended up buying the album and I borrowed it once to listen to. I remember enjoying more than I thought, but on listening to these singles now, I'm not sure I'd get much out of it any more.


Format: 7"
Tracks: 2
Cost: £0.90 new
Bought: HMV Lancaster
When: 30/10/06
Colour: White
Etching: none
mp3s: no