Friday 12 April 2013

MewithoutYou - Nice and Blue (Pt. Two)


This record is better example of the MewithoutYou I got into originally than the music found on their fourth album It's All Crazy... that I wrote about recently. Nice and Blue (Pt. Two) is the sequel a song on their first album, and the only song I know on their third album which I'm yet to buy. The combination of the sung backing vocals and the spoken word above it is pretty lovely.

The demo of A Sweater Poorly Knit on the b-side is probably an hint of the folkier style their fourth album would display and works pretty well. Had I played this record more often I might not have been so surprised when I took home LP number four. I like the endless screams of "I do not exist" that close the song. I bought this one on a fairly rare trip to the HMV in Cardiff (I preferred spending my money in Spillers), and the choice of blue vinyl is fairly obvious but nice (and blue!).


Format: 7"
Tracks: 2
Cost: £2 new
Bought: HMV, Cardiff
When: 11/04/10
Colour: Blue
Etching: none
mp3s: no