Tuesday 15 May 2012

The Arteries - Blood



I'm going to see The Arteries tonight for the first time in ages. I've never seen them play a bad show, so I'm looking forward to it. With that in mind, I thought I'd write about their first three 10" EPs.

I can't remember the first time I saw The Arteries. It was certainly whilst I was living in Wales but we saw a lot of bands over those two years. I definitely didn't make to the release show for Blood (I was away, a perfectly good excuse) so this one was picked up eventually from Damaged in Cardiff (it contains a press release from Jamie for Welly, who ran the shop, which I guess he accidentally left inside the sleeve). I'm pretty glad he had a copy in because I'd have been gutted to be missing one of the trilogy.

There's an urgency to the start of No Guts No Glory that doesn't stop at any point over the three EPs. "Tell the world we're here, this now is our time" couldn't be more appropriate. The four songs that follow don't disappoint either. With just five short songs you're left wanting more, which makes it very convenient that there are two more to come.


Format: 10", die cut sleeve, insert, press release, number 31/300
Tracks: 5
Cost: £6 new
Bought: Damaged Records, Cardiff
When: 27/09/08
Colour: Red
Etching: none
mp3s: no