Friday 4 May 2012

The Murder City Devils - The Murder City Devils



Another day, another American band I never got to see (although they've also reformed now), and another album I love. I had this on cd for a few years, and gradually bought on their albums on one format or another. When I was at the No Idea Yard sale at Fest, they had all their distro stuff and it was all mega cheap due to the exchange rate. Like I said before, I spent a lot of money there that morning. I picked this one up because its one of my favourite albums and I like to have those on vinyl (I suspect cds are dying a slow death, but somehow records will survive; my cd collection will become redundant and my records will stay awesome. Wishful thinking perhaps).

At 22 minutes long, you've barely even started listening before its over again. But at that length you can justify playing it again. From the first time I heard The Murder City Devils I thought they were great. A great punk-rock band in every sense. Get off the Floor might be my favourite, although Broken Glass and Boom Swagger Boom are up there. Tell You Brother is a sobering finisher. They reissued all the albums on red and white vinyl at one point, and I got a copy of In Name and Blood from that lot. I kinda hoped that this would be coloured vinyl too, but I'm not too upset that it isn't, it's just a great album.

Format: 12", insert
Tracks: 10
Cost: £6.20 new
Bought: No Idea yard sale
When: 30/10/11
Colour: Black
Etching: Side A: "Rise up you devils..." Side B: "Rise from your graves and avenge us!"
mp3s: download card