Tuesday 15 May 2012

The Arteries - Sweat



I will cautiously say that Sweat is my favourite of the EPs. Divergence is certainly my favourite of the songs and Shortcuts is pretty awesome too. I made it to the release show for this one (pretty sure The Slowdance and The Cut Ups were supporting, but I could be mistaken). Cardiff to Swansea always felt like more of a trek than it actually was, but it was certainly worth it. I'm also reasonably sure that they played a cover of Turbonegro's All My Friends Are Dead (it seems covers at the release shows were a thing, and I might be right in remembering that they played Bon Jovi at the Beers show).

The sleeve has "Sweat Party" printed on it, which couldn't be more true: it was sweaty and it was a party. They're a party band and there was a great atmosphere at the shows. I think everyone in South Wales was so fond of them it was great to see them releasing these awesome records (DIY through and through) and doing so well for themselves. (In the pictures for Sweat and Beers I still have the nice screenprinted tickets for the shows telling you which number record was yours. I have numbers 31, 187 and 61, respectively. I think some people managed to get all three the same, which is pretty cool.)


Format: 10", die cut sleeve, insert, release show ticket, numbered
Tracks: 5
Cost: free (with the ticket), new
Bought: release show
When: 20/07/08
Colour: clear
Etching: none
mp3s: no