Friday 12 October 2012

At the Drive-In - Vaya


This won't be a huge post about how much I love ATDI, I'll save that for when I write about Relationship of Command. Vaya was the last of the ATDI back-catalogue that I picked up, although I still don't have the early EPs. I got into them the way most people did, Relationship of Command first, then I worked backwards picking up albums as and when I found them. I eventually found the cd version of Vaya for £4 in a record shop somewhere in Paris one night.

I'd heard Metronome Arthritis and 198d on the This Station is Non-Operational cd and thought they were both great songs. In fact, the whole EP is really good, but given that it was sandwiched between their two best albums it's really no wonder. 300 MHz is also a great song, making side B solidly good tunes.

I'd love one day to have all of the (good) albums in my collection on vinyl instead of cd, so I was pleased this was re-released. I was even more pleased by the colour of it, the UK (or possibly non-US) version was limited to 1,500 copies and the half pink/half transparent yellow looks nice. For £13, it was certainly a luxury buy, but I like it.


Format: 10", insert
Tracks: 7
Cost: £13 new
Bought: Banquet Records
When: 09/08/12
Colour: Half pink, half transparent yellow
Etching: none
mp3s: no