Wednesday 24 October 2012

Hell is For Heroes - You Drove Me to It


You Drove Me to It was possibly my favourite of the singles from The Neon Handshake, although I'm having trouble even convincing myself of that statement. If Night Vision and I Can Climb Mountains weren't singles then it might definitely be, but I quite like Retreat too. You know what, I can't decide. They're all good. (I don't actually own a copy of I Can Climb Mountains, but I'm sure I could find one fairly easily these days).

This came out a month before the album did, cementing my plans to buy it as soon as it came out. Another that I picked up in the HMV in Winchester. I remember thinking that if I bought all the good 7"s they got in, they'd keep getting 7"s in stock. I've not been in that store in years, but it certainly seemed to work while I was living there. So yeah, two more great songs from Hell is For Heroes (Inside, the b-side, is another song that could easily have made the album) on a nice clear, smoky vinyl. My list says I paid £1.34 for this, so I'm guessing it was £1.50 but with a 10% student discount.


Format: 7"
Tracks: 2
Cost: £1.34 new
Bought: HMV Winchester
When: 20/01/03
Colour: Clear/smoky
Etching: none
mp3s: no