Wednesday 3 September 2014

Dan Le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip - The Beat That My Heart Skipped


Like most people, the first I heard of Dan Le Sac vs. Scroobius Pip was when Thou Shalt Always Kill was all over the radio. I remember it was around my last year of university and I quite enjoyed it. But more on that when I get round to writing about their debut album, Angles.

About half a year before that album came out they released this 7" of The Beat That My Heart Skipped, a song which would also find it's way onto the record. It caused less of a stir than the first single, but it was great to hear some more music and I enjoyed the song. As the song goes on Scroobius Pip's lyrics get increasing faster and more frantic until he ends up pretty much screaming the chorus. The remix on b-side does less for me - the music feels less natural and vocals are lower in the mix. Still a nice 7" and tided me over until the LP came out.

Format: 7"
Tracks: 2
Cost: £2 new
Bought: HMV Cardiff
When: 22/10/07
Colour: Black
Etching: none
mp3s: no