Thursday 4 September 2014

Restorations - New/Old


I bought this copy of New/Old when I saw Restorations on their UK tour earlier this year. It was the only record they had at the merch stand that I didn't already have, and I'd been so impressed I was more than happy to pay £5 to hear one new song.

New/Old is on LP2, but I'm happy to have any excuse to hear those songs whenever I can. 0.014MPH might be a joking reference to the speed of the song because it's certainly the slowest Restorations song I know of. Despite that, about two thirds of the way through a huge drum fill kicks in and the song steps up a gear. It's a great song - the gentle "woah-oh"s in the background are perfect - although I can see how it might not fit so well on either record.


Format: 7", gatefold sleeve
Tracks: 2
Cost: £5 new
Bought: gig
When: 22/04/14
Colour: Forest green
Etching: none
mp3s: Download code