Wednesday 3 September 2014

Manic Street Preachers - Your Love Alone Is Not Enough


Send Away the Tigers isn't, in my best memory, one of the great Manic Street Preachers albums. It was quite an improvement on Lifeblood, but that was a low. I've not played the album in quite a while, but playing this single now makes me want to give it another go. I wasn't blown away with Your Love Alone is Not Enough when it came out, but it's aged well. I certainly didn't think I'd be enjoying playing this record anywhere near as much as I am right now. Thinking back now, I remember this song sounding really great at the O2 Arena gig a couple of years ago. It's nice that it continues to shock me.

The b-side is a pretty nice song too. Somehow kinda Christmas-sounding in the music, and with vocals that remind me of This is My Truth Tell Me Yours. Despite being called Fearless Punk Ballad it isn't a punk song (and the Manics do know a thing or two about punk). Part of the reason I have so many Manics records is because I love hearing their b-sides, and this one is a great addition.

Format: 7"
Tracks: 2
Cost: £1 new
Bought: HMV Lancaster
When: 30/04/07
Colour: Black
Etching: none
mp3s: no