Thursday 4 September 2014

Restorations - A / B


I've spoken about my love for Restorations at length before, so I'll spare you the details this time around. A few months after Fest I saw a pre-order for the new Run, Forever album go up on the Tiny Engines website. I'd been playing their first LP excessively for months so I was keen to get the next one. Shipping from the US is what usually puts me off ordering from there so I decided to stock up on everything I fancied, including this Restorations 7" (on green vinyl from the first pressing, /125).

Of the three Restorations 7"s, A/B is my favourite. It's a rare treat to have a 7" of non-album songs were both are so great. A peaks with a huge outro and B is a much heavier, punkier song. That's that slowed-down aggression in both which makes them even more enjoyable live.

It's easy to forget about 7"s in a record collection and to favour LPs, but A/B is a record I always want to be playing.

Format: 7", gatefold sleeve
Tracks: 2
Cost: £5 new
Bought: Tiny Engines webstore
When: 10/01/13
Colour: Green
Etching: none
mp3s: Download code