Thursday 4 September 2014

Restorations - Of Trees / Frankford


After picking up our wristbands at Fest registration, we set about browsing through all the records on every stall in the room. As expected, the search turned out a large number of records from mostly American bands that we can't find so easily back home. We both spent a lot of money and left very happy.

As I was flicking through the massive amount of 7" records on one of the tables I spotted a very familiar-looking house on a record sleeve and picked it up. I only had LP1 at this point and was a few hours away from seeing Restorations for the second time ever, so I was hoping they'd be as good as they were in my memories. The guy running the stall noticed me looking at it and told me that they were nearly out of copies of this 7" so, realising probably my only chance to buy a copy, added it to the pile of other records I fancied.

On both songs there's a vibe of "early recordings", but both are great Restorations songs. The sound would get a little clearer and grander as they went along, but Of Trees and Frankford show great potential that would soon be realised. I play this record less often than the other two 7"s but I'm still very fond of the songs on it.


Format: 7", numbered (233/300)
Tracks: 2
Cost: £3.15 new
Bought: Fest Registration, Tampa
When: 29/10/13
Colour: Black
Etching: none
mp3s: no