Sunday 17 June 2012

The Amistad + Above Them - Split


Ok, today I'm going to try and work through all the 7"s that I have at my house (a lot of my older ones are in storage for the moment). They're probably going to be shorter posts than usual. First up is the split by The Amistad and Above Them.

I don't know an awful lot about The Amistad. I've seen them at least once (recently with Bangers and The Dauntless Elite in the Cocks) but possibly again before that. I like these two songs, especially No Hope Radio, chuggy guitars and gruff vocals are always a winner in my book.

I'm a big fan of Above Them on the other hand and couldn't tell you how many times I've seen them now. They're always a good laugh and put on a good show. I'll rant more about them when I come to write about their albums. Nice guys with great songs, and these two are great examples.

I bought this record on my first ever trip to Banquet along with a whole bunch of other vinyl. It's always nice seeing records in there by bands who I consider friends alongside record by huge, famous bands. The blue vinyl is nice and the insert is covered in pictures from a drunken night in Swansea after Above Them played. All in all, everything you want from a 7": four cracking songs by two great bands and a nice attention to detail.


Format: 7", a4 insert
Tracks: 4
Cost: £4 new
Bought: Banquet
When: 18/01/10
Colour: Blue
Etching: no
mp3s: no