Monday 18 June 2012

ONSIND + Short Term Effect - Split


Speaking of ONSIND, here is a split they did some time back with Short Term Effect. I'll save my praise for ONSIND in general for when I come to write about their other records, but it goes without saying that they're the reason I excitedly bought this 7" when I saw it in Punker Bunker recently. I hadn't been in there in years (I don't often end up in Brighton) but knew I'd find something good in there. I was low on cash (both in the sense that I think they only take cash, and that there wasn't much in my account) but luckily I did have the £3.50 for this. The paper sleeve has "23/219" written on it in pencil, which might be the print run, although 219 seems like a very odd number.

The ONSIND song is up to their usual standard. A great song with a rousing trumpet outro. I feel like I've played their two albums to death a bit so I really enjoyed hearing a song I hadn't heard before. Short Term Effect were completely new to me, but also enjoyable. Definitely less punk rock in style, the vocals and guitar playing are a lot softer on the ears, but still pretty nice.


Format: 7", gatefold
Tracks: 2
Cost: £3.50 new
Bought: Punker Bunker
When: 11/05/12
Colour: Black
Etching: no
mp3s: no