Sunday 17 June 2012

Iron Chic + Pacer - Split



This is from the second series of All in Vinyl splits and again by two bands who I really like. I got into Iron Chic when Banquet put them on in The Peel. Luckily I bought the record in advance because that was a show where you want to be singing along to every word. I'll rave about that more when I come to write about the LP, but I will say this: their show at Fest was possibly the highlight of the weekend - I swear the entire room went crazy for the whole set. It was insane in the best possible way. These two songs are both good, but neither have the huge sing-a-long moments that appear at every turn on the LP.

Pacer are also very good and have just announced the release of their debut album, which should be excellent, especially if the 10" they put out last year is anything to go by. Throwback is a particularly good tune. I bought this after they played El Paso the other week with The Arteries, but I'd been meaning to pick it up since it came out.


Format: 7", insert
Tracks: 4
Cost: £3 new
Bought: Gig
When: 15/05/12
Colour: Yellow
Etching: no
mp3s: download