Tuesday 19 June 2012

Talons - The Pearl


I bought this the first (and only so far) time I saw Talons. They were supporting This Will Destroy You in the Underworld and I quite enjoyed them. My criticism of the show was that they over-used the violins a bit, or it at least came across that way. However on the record I didn't think that at all. Maybe it was the mixing on the night.

Anyway, I checked out the merch at the end of the night and they had this awesome t-shirt with a peacock on it. Feeling guilty that I didn't own any of their music, I bought the 7" too. It came with the art print in the pictures below. Both songs are really good, although everytime I play it I'm never quite sure I've put it on the right speed. Both start out a bit messy but find their way nicely; good technical post-rock. I enjoyed it so much I later bought the album, which I'll write about on here in due time.


Format: 7", numbered art print
Tracks: 2
Cost: £2 new
Bought: Gig
When: 30/09/10
Colour: Black
Etching: no
mp3s: no