Tuesday 19 June 2012

Static Radio NJ + The Arteries - Banana Split


I picked this one up at Fest last year after seeing The Arteries. It was nice seeing them play in another country and they seemed to go down really well. I hadn't listened to Static Radio NJ at the time so didn't see them, but their two songs here are pretty enjoyable. Both bands offer one song of their own, and a cover. In both cases I don't know the cover (and I imagine The Gallows are different to Gallows). The Arteries song is on their second album, but the cover makes it worth buying.

Anyway, a nice record and I'm pleased I checked out Static Radio NJ eventually. Another run of this record has just appeared on pink and white vinyl, which is good because 40 copies was probably not quite enough.


Format: 7", numbered
Tracks: 4
Cost: £3.10 new
Bought: Fest
When: 29/10/11
Colour: Red
Etching: Side A: "A team yemom production", Side B: "Down with mothman"
mp3s: no