Sunday 17 June 2012

Failures' Union + Bedford Falls - Split


This is a nice split, released to support the tour the two bands were going on together. I saw the last night of the tour in Kingston on my first ever trip to The Fighting Cocks, a very fun night. Each band contributes a song of their own and a song by the other band.

The Failures' Union cover of Bedford Falls' Astro City 0.5 is very lovely, but a very good song to start with. As you'd expect, their own song sounds a lot more like them and the harmonica that appears at the end is particularly nice. The piano-led cover of Useless Facts works really well. I think I get a lot more out of covers when I know the original well, and Sinker is a great record. Wilmington finishes it off nicely (I have a faint memory of someone telling me it was about a cat).


Format: 7"
Tracks: 4
Cost: £3 new
Bought: Gig
When: 11/04/10
Colour: Black
Etching: no
mp3s: no